Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Fall in love with YOUR process..Love YOUR life all the time


Greeting heroes,

It has been some time since I have spoken via this medium. Part of it has been by design as my focus is figuring out things about myself and finding out what I need to do differently to improve my life, my career, my everything. Part of it has been losing focus on the blog and all the good it helps me with. As you can tell, this is not a moneymaking blog. Not that there is anything wrong with that but my main idea here was to give me a forum to grind out some pages and keep track of this crazy journey. On some level I keep thinking that you guys don't want to hear about the mundane stuff but in reality..that's all a part of it. All that said, let me get to the point of today..


Success is about loving your process....


Seems like I hear all the time some famous athlete or billionaire saying "Trust the process". I tried to do some looking into this to find out how it could apply to my own goals. Your goals by themselves are not the thing you are working towards. The real thing is who and what you become on the journey to those goals. The habits and things you do every day. The good choices you make on a regular basis for the sake of your career, health, fitness, love...that's YOUR process. Its going to be a lot of stuff and some of it will be frankly very boring. The way to get through is you have to fall in love with YOUR process. Fall in love with eating healthy to fuel your body. Fall in love with meticulous study and practice on your desired craft. Fall in love with the repetitive choices that will take you from where you are to the person and situation that you are destined for. For the longest time I have been guilty of being exclusively goal oriented. That takes you away from the here and now and enjoying every second of this one time we get around this world.  Time you spend not embracing and enjoying the now is time wasted. It may take you 10 years to reach your goal...that doesn't mean you should spend 10 years hating your life because you are not as rich, famous or fit as you desire to be.

If you love YOUR process..daily, weekly and monthly..you will love yourself and love your journey the whole way.

How's the movie stardom going?

This year has seen auditions pick up again. That makes me happy although I am not booking as much as I would like. Ill just keep grinding. I recently got an Iographer and filmic pro so that I can make short films with my IPhone. So far it looks like it can be a new avenue for me to take control of my career. I'm half way through my first feature length script but ill let you know when i have 100 pages. 

I wish you all well and i will talk to you again soon. No more 12 month layoffs. I had to go through that time of introspection but you guys deserve to see it all. 


"Fall in love with the process"

Cheers!

Ahmad
@MoviestarAhmad on IG and Twitter
www.ahmadruss.com

No comments:

Post a Comment